Story is the heart of all of my artistic endeavors. We are composed of stories of everything we’ve seen, felt, heard. The real and the not so real. In fact, the not-so-real may be truer than the truth.
Scroll on, my darlings, and sample some of my visual tales.
Let’s start with some comics, currently my favorite way of telling tales. A note of caution: bawdiness lies ahead.
In the not too distant future, a pile of space junk coalesces into a sentient entity and has to save itself from being recycled. Appears in Tales from the Dispatch, Vol. 2.
Sponsor the Making of a Comic
Big-hearted himbos, space ninjas, a kitten, and more. Become a flamer to help make Chasing the Flame a reality.
Drawing and Painting
If you like your pictures without words, I’ve got some of those, too. Scroll on, but only if you’re comfortable with (tasteful) nudity.
Thoughts and Happenings
- Physical ResonancesWatching that intensity creates a resonance of the physical efforts required to create such a physique.
- Thoughts on queer representationJust like process over product, think creator over creation.
- Returnings of the yearLife outside the studio may be on hold, but the art-making continues. I’m grateful for the manifold privileges of health, safety, and security that allow this. The last year held challenges for all of us, but it would be the height of ignorance and arrogance for me to complain without at least some acknowledgement ofContinue reading “Returnings of the year”
- When the art is the wallWe like to think that walls are solid, permanent, that they endure beyond us. Some do, and some don’t. We feel much the same about our art. Same here: some does and some doesn’t. When a work of art is deeply integrated into its space, when it is the space—a mural for example—then its fateContinue reading “When the art is the wall”
- Doable Guys Online Art FairI’m thrilled and honored to be part of Doable Guy’s Online Art Fair, selling no less than six original paintings.